Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 6thness

I am just so excited about my new job. I keep getting lady boners at words like "expense reports" and "rental car". 

I have a few big deals in my pipeline in Alaska and Seattle. I have decided to visit Seattle first and please feel free to make fun of me all you want that I searched for "hotels in Seattle near poutine restaurants" 

In case you don't know, Poutine is an AMAZING dish my Canadian family members have mastered. It has fries with brown gravy and mozzarella cheese curds. Washington is SO CLOSE to Canada that they MUST have a poutine restaurant.  The fancy places add a bunch of other stuff but it is legitimately the best thing I've ever eaten. Followed by perogies. Followed by my lunch today. 

Let me tell you about this shit. 

We drove past a restaurant called Mutts amazing hot dogs. Hot dogs are my favorite food group! It was meant to happen, let's go. 

A bacon wrapped hot dog 
drenched in brown sugar aeoli
With pineapple cayenne pepper CREAM CHEESE 
topped with fried jalapeños and fried onions. I just. I can't even. Look at the pic. Who wants to go on Thursday? I need it again immediately. 


How did this blog start about my traveling and end about food? I'm hungry. 



Yeah those fries were made in duck fart and tossed in truffle oil and Parmesan cheese. I just noticed that said fart up there instead of fat and I'm just gonna go ahead and leave it. Til tomorrow! 

7 comments:

  1. My favorite Seattle restaurant used to be Ivar's Indian Salmon House on Lake Union. I haven't been there in many years.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Just as soon as I saw the wRong word for fat I knew that you meant foie gras even though I had absolutely no idea how to speLL it. I knew how to pronounce it but I have a deep underlying belief that practicaLLy aLL French words are speLLed wrong. I prefer to create Fake French words. My most recent is: joyfully - pronounced zhoo-ee-foo-lee, accent on the ee and lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has nothing to do with this post - in fact, I haven't read it yet because I should be working. For a long time, I lost your blog. Like probably at least a year. And lately, I have been trying to remember the name of it, but I just couldn't get it right. Today, as I was supposed to be crunching numbers or making money, the address hit me in the face. So I'm back, I have a lot of catching up to do, and I am so glad you are still writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, did you get a promotion? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Portland, OR has amazing food! Come visit us and google "poutine", we will not be as awesome as our Northern neighbors, eh...but you'll still be pleasantly surprised at our cuisine! Food trucks are
    the bombdotcom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim I will be in Portland in July!!! Tell me what restaurants to go to.

      Delete
  6. Are you interested in hipster food? Food trucks? Gorgeous views? Expensive but delicious? Where abouts are you staying? Downtown is great for walking around and bars. If you are staying by the airport, you'll be limited to renting a car or taking public transit. Gimme a radius. ;)

    ReplyDelete