Sunday, May 11, 2014

Because everyone else is doing it...


My favorite part of being Mom to this little ball of chubby love is the pure joy that she pours out every day. 



I know for a fact that Adrian wasn't anything close to this happy as a baby. Ellis was a pretty happy baby, but I don't remember her smiles being this humongous and frequent. Everyone around her comments how happy and easygoing she is. 

She loves: 

Adrian and Ellis giving her their undivided attention
Rattles
Her package of wipes
Chewing and throwing up on the side of her Bumbo Chair
People saying "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" in an obnoxiously happy voice
Sophie the giraffe
My singing

She doesn't like:

Having her nose wiped
Staying up past 7:50
My dancing
The drive from daycare to home


This little girl:


My favorite part of being Ellis's Mom is her sense of humor. A lot of kids don't have the ability to laugh at themselves. She can fall, fart, say something really embarrassing, dance, and she can make everyone laugh and laugh along with them herself. It makes her very fun to be around, even though her brutal honesty can sting sometimes. 

She loves:

Everything girly
Attention
Puzzles
Daddy
Time with daddy
Daddy's attention
Collins
The musical, "Annie 
A dance where she slaps her ass while doing a squat
 

She doesn't like: 

Daddy holding My hand
Daddy kissing me
Daddy giving anyone else attention
The time from daycare to home that Adrian monopolizes the conversation
My cooking 
Having her hair brushed
Bedtime without 5 minutes of Tv
"No" 
"I don't think so" 
"Shhhh" 


The best part of being this little guy's mom is the kindness that he gives to everyone. He cried in my car a few days ago because he felt bad for saying a cuss word at a kid that had called me a bad word. He wanted to not be in trouble since "that kid had it coming". He has a very strong sense of right and wrong, despite having extremely different upbringings on each side of his family. 


He likes:

Me
Bossing Ellis around 
Holding Collins
GIRLS
Ariana Grande
"Working out" 
Texting
Twitter
All things basketball
Sam and Cat (because Ariana Grande)
All of his grandparents
His teacher


He doesn't like:

His emotions that are flying out of nowhere
The musical, "Annie" 
When Collins cries
When Ellis monopolizes the conversation in the car
The movie Frozen
Bedtime
Cleaning the spiders out of the tornado shelter
Putting away his clothes
Anyone disagreeing with his opinion

I know a lot of people think they love their kids, but I like, really do. 



8 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this blog!!! You are so right about all the kids. It's funny, just yesterday I was thinking what traits that you and your two siblings have that would be more like me or more like Dad. I contemplated it for a couple of hours from 0345 until 0523 while I couldn't sleep. When I woke up I had pretty much forgotten all of my ideas - must try again and write them down. Anyway, this blog is awesome - Collins IS the happiest baby I have ever seen, Ellis is very funny and tough and told me to my face that my teeth were yellow and not beautifully white like hers, and then Adrian is so sweet he wanted to go with me to double check that Collins was okay and sleeping quietly in her crib. He said "we might have to give her the binkie". He also told me exactly how to hold and jiggle her for the most comforting results!!! Plan to go back and read it again and then go to bed. Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You are so close to racking up 200,000 hits on this blog. That should require a celebrations. Perhaps Jodee Rose, Haley Wolfe, Ebboston, Mothersofbrothers, MOV, and Junie June should all come for a visit and celebrate with you!! You could take a few days off, have them all stay at your beautiful house and have a blogathon contest! Just an idea - got so excited that you were so close to 200,000 hits!!! Perhaps a little overboard. Off to bed to calm down!!! Love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post - now that you have it documented time capsule-wise it wiLL be fun to see how they change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, funny, funny. I couldn't wait to read the Ellis list. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellises face in that last picture is hilarious. Beautiful kids.

    ReplyDelete