Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pounds of ham

My wonderfully hilarious and joyful friend and former co-worker Kelsey made working at the big bank bearable.

Our days were full of old rich people yelling at us to sell more of their bank products or else we'd have another conference call.

During these conference calls they would make sure and remind us of how successful Cathy Sinclair was at the northwest branch and could she please read some letters from her adoring customers to inspire us?

Cathy Sinclair was a suck up lame face. Not to mention really short.

"...and so...just when I thought Cathy Sinclair was done with her exceptional customer service...I was WRONG. She remembered my name and used it 4 times in the same sentence! When she walked us to our car and opened our doors for us she noticed a couple of spots on our passenger side door. She used her fingers and tried to rub them off but they were just the most stubborn spots on God's green earth! She ended up licking the car exterior until it was so shiny that I decided to open up a $25,000 CD and donate to her church's fund for extradited prostitutes......"


We would all roll our eyes at Cathy reading HER OWN PRAISES and hope, just hope, that the 5th time we'd heard that damn letter would be the last.

They'd finish the conference call with a prayer of Cathy and then we'd get back to work.

The call didn't motivate us to sell more stuff. It just motivated us to prank Cathy.





Kelsey in insanely old lady voice: HELLO? IS THIS THE SAVINGS AND LOAN? 

Cathy: Why, this is The Big Bank ma'am. Can I get your name before we get started?

Kelsey: I'M AT WAL-MART AND MY DEBIT CARD IS GETTING DECLINED AND THAT JUST ISN'T ALL RAHT. NAME'S RUTH.

Cathy: Okay I'll be happ-

Kelsey: YOU'LL BE HAPPY THAT'S RIGHT YOU'LL BE HAPPY. I'VE GOT 4 POUNDS OF HAM FROM THE DELI, SO WE NEED TO GET THIS DONE IN TWO SHAKES OF A VIRGINS ASS.

Cathy: Yes, Ruth. I love helping you with this problem already and we are going to get you squared away okay little jam jar? What's your account num-

Kelsey: ZERO FAHV ZERO FAHV FOUR TWO SIX SEVEN EIGHT FOUR.

Cathy: Hmm that account number doesn't seem to be com-

KELSEY: DID I MENTION I GOT 4 POUNDS OF HAM FROM THE DAMN DELI? DO YOU KNOW HOW EMBARRASSED IM GONNA BE TO TAKE BACK ALL THAT MEAT THAT ALREADY DONE BEEN SLICED UP BACK TO THE DELI? IT'S GONNA BE LIKE THAT ONE TIME IN 1986 THAT I HAD TO HAVE MY BACK SHAVED BY THE MAN I WAS TRYING TO HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH.

Cathy: no no no sweet dear, we don't want that! Now, what's your social?

Kelsey: SCHNOGGING NOSSIN FOUR SCHEMBERLENGER SIX OID;FGSGHOSH

Cathy: Well....I can't seem to find it by that so-

KELSEY: THIS IS RIDICULOUS I'VE BEEN BANKING THERE FOR 43 YEARS!

Cathy: Ma'am that must be the problem you have called the wrong bank, we haven't been open that lo-

KELSEY: I HAVE 4 POUNDS OF HAM FROM THE DELI AND YOU'RE TRYING TO GIVE ME A HISTORY LESSON?!?!?!?!

Cathy::........(typing)...... Ummmmmm

Kelsey: LET ME TALK TO YOUR MANAGER!

Cathy: Uh well I am the manager. I'm sorry I can't find you in the system. Ummmmm.. Ummmm..... Uhhhhh....errr..... (type type type)

.........................

.......


...........

(type type type)


........

Cathy: I think it's the type of debit card you're using. Looks here like you qualify for our Rewards Triple Fangled Visa Credit card. How about we get you all set up for that right now, Ruth?




And that's why Cathy gets to be the star of the conference calls.

19 comments:

  1. Omg...hysterical! I believe I have called Cathy a time or two. The answer to every problem is let's get you a new account! bahahahahahaha
    So glad you came to play with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evil, evil, evil, so why am I still smiling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I laughed and laughed and laughed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so funny! Loved the dialogue!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The suck up lame face had a good story to tell her perfectly perfect family that night. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite story is of course about me, and many years ago an asshat that called me to offer a credit card with a 25,000 limit. I asked him if he was crazy, he said he was serious. He was probably the hero of the next meeting as I took the card. And never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely hilarious.
    Laughed till I almost peed my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like "suck up lame face" a lot. I have a British friend that calls people like that "try hards" and I also really like that. Love your blog, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bahaha! The testimonial about Cathy licking the car was awesome. I'm surprised they didn't have her read a transcript of that ham conversation on the next conference call.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, this was really funny, made me laugh here on my lonesome :o) Hope you are currently working with more 'easygoing' people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll admit, you had me at "inappropriate." I'm your newest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant. Don't ya just love the 'Cathy's' of this world ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny....hate those 'Cathy' type people out there. I always wonder why it seems like those people do get ahead faster, sucks. Oh well, hysterical story nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your use of the word construed. Our operational comment section went into overjoyed overload. Please be advised there will be a new follower, expecting the same level of competence you've shown over the past year. Thanks again for visiting OKinUK where we try not to cry about wet laundry going moldy in the extra room.

    No really. I mean it. I want to be pranking Cathy too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got pranked a couple of times by your Dad, remember. Once he pretended to be an old English gentleman who had left his pearl-handled umbrella at your branch - and as a raspy, breathless, cranky old man who had left his luggage at your branch. Dad got you both times although I think the English gentleman was a better job! All of these blogs are hilarious! We are so lucky to have such a funny daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope to be prominently featured in more of your tasty historical niblets. I think maybe if you can still recall verbatim the Value Select letter I mailed to your parents that would make for some mighty fine readin'.

    Ruth out.

    ReplyDelete