Friday, August 19, 2011

Ow.

Is there anything worse than that moment you burn yourself?

It doesn't matter what the situation is.

If you grab a hot pan, splash blazing liquid onto your skin, or just accidentally rest the wrong part of your wrist on your stove...it still is the same complete and utter feeling of betrayal. Like the world is so stupid that using logic doesn't even help.

If this is too deep for you, maybe this is just how I feel and I'm the only one. Alone. I'm always alone. Man, I need a charcoal pencil and some homemade paper.

Anyways.

I was making a delicious lean cuisine today when I got distracted by nothing and poured the boiling hot calorieless tomato sauce onto to the top of my hand.

My immediate reaction was to slap my hand into my mouth and lick off the ass-tasting sauce.

Whenever that didn't fix the pain, I wanted to call bullshit.

"BULLSHIT!"

"I flung hot burning liquid onto myself, but then I GOT RID OF IT, OKAY? I TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM SO WHY ARE YOU STILL HURTING?  EVEN THOUGH I RECTIFIED THE SITUATION WITHIN A 2 SECOND WINDOW, YOU STILL WANT TO GIVE ME PAIN AND REJECTION? I HATE YOU."

"WHY DO YOU STILL HURT? THAT HAPPENED 45 SECONDS AGO, DO YOU NOT REALIZE I WIPED OFF THE OFFENDING LIQUID?!?! STOP BEING STUPID."

"OH, NOW YOU WANT TO BLISTER UP, HUH? SO NEXT TIME SHOULD I JUST LEAVE THE LIQUID ON THERE? WHAT THE MOTHER EFFER IS THE POINT OF STOPPING THE BURNING IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE YOUR LITTLE 'PROCESS' AND REJECT MY REMEDY LIKE AN ASSFACE!"

That's it for today.

6 comments:

  1. Heh. It keeps hurting because it's still burning. Hold under cool running water for a good long time.

    I gave myself a palm-sized steam burn on the palm of mu right hand one morning while making tea. I stuck an ice pack on it, wrapped it in a towel, and drove 45 minutes to work. About three hours later I took off the ice pack to see a flattened, leathery blister covering the palm of my hand. Over the next few weeks it gradually wore away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you more than I could possibly express, and I also hope you don't get eaten by a lizard of any sort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You show that burn who's boss! It's still burning... with defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! I ALWAYS burn myself in the oven when making a meal for a very large crowd (like at Thanksgiving). I have multiple scars on my arms and hands to prove it. Sometimes I look at them and swear but they never go away! One of them is getting bigger just to tick me off!!

    ReplyDelete