Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sneezing = Single and Lonely



Ellis, Collins, and I had just left the park and were on our way home.  It was one of those moments that I was feeling like a superior parent.





Ellis: Did you like that dog with the big tail?

Me: Yes! I loved him, he was so sweet. I think he was part rottweiler.

Ellis: I don't care about that.

Me: Oh...o...kay.

Ellis: How come no one ever brings their cats to the park?

Me: Well cats would really just run away, and they also don't  like being on leashes.

Ellis: UGH. We don't have a cat or a dog. Well, we had a dog but we don't anymore cuz she's so dead.

Me: Yeah, Sable died. It's okay though, that happens. Do you want to talk about it?

Ellis: UGH NO. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A CAT BECAUSE ALL OUR DOGS ARE DEAD?

Me: We can't have a cat because I am allergic to cats.

Ellis: Well, Daddy's not.

Me: I know, but if we have a cat in our house it will make me very sick, that's what being allergic means.

Ellis: Maybe Daddy can get a new wife that's not allarshick to cats.

Me: But then I wouldn't be your Mama! You'd have a new Mama!

Ellis: But, it would be okay. You could live somewhere different and I could just have a new Mama and a cat.

Me: ......

Ellis: I think I would name her Callie. Do you think that's a good name?

Me: I'm sorry Ellis, I just have trouble thinking of a name for your new cat that you're going to get once you convince Daddy to abandon me because of my inexcusable allergies.

Ellis: UGH ALL RIGHT YOU CAN STAY AT OUR HOUSE.

Me: Yay! Frozen yogurt?






5 comments:

  1. OMG - tell me she didn't really say all these things!! If you want to, you can blame me for the cat allergies - you probably did inherit that from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having a dog I can't imagine why I would ever want a cat. There are allergy issues too. You can have a conversation with a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children tried to get rid of me many times, but here I am, still telling tales about them.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her. And poor you.

    ReplyDelete