Wednesday, November 7, 2012

That blog..you know the one that's pointless...? (NTRK Day 4)



I often wonder how people would refer to me if they were talking to a friend and the friend didn't know who I was.

"Mary...you know, that obnoxious loud girl who breathes funny?"

"Mary...you know, she got lost in the parking lot and was crying in the bathroom?"

"Mary, you know Mary! Droopy-eyed democrat girl...?"

I am always surprised at the go-to description I give for people because they're never effective. Especially with husband with one T.



Mary: So I was talking to Cassie and I-

Mat: Who the fuck is Cassie?

Mary: Cassie. You know, my friend that likes Owen Wilson movies?

Mat: Okay. Continue.

Mary: Wait, but do you know who I am talking about?

Mat: No clue.

Mary: Are you serious? Cassie! Cassie. The one who smells like potatoes and friendship.

Mat: Go on with your story.

Mary: Do you know which one she is now? Cassie?

Mat: No, I've never met her. Just keep going, it doesn't matter.

Mary: It DOES matter. Cassie! She always uses prepositions at the end of her sentences. I always call her "girl" even though I hate when people say that.

Mat: Yeah, no idea.

Mary: WILL YOU PLEASE AT LEAST JUST TRY TO REMEMBER CASSIE. YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING OR LISTENING. CASSIE!

Mat: You can say her name as many times as you want. It won't help....

.....
.....

Mary: She's the one you said always wears baggie dresses so you can't tell if she has a nice body.

Mat: Oh yeah. That girl's name is Cassie? hmph.




If I'm talking to a friend about you and my friend can't figure out who I am talking about, I vow to say something super positive about you as the first reminder. Even if it's really hard.

"Julie, you know Julie. The one with..the...really..ummm...fresh breath..?..."



8 comments:

  1. Your ability to write conversations is excellent - definitely sound believable! So excited that there will be a blog every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mary, the one who looks like a disney villainess. She has the kid who loves Jesus?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you perfectly captured 95% of my conversations.

    I really wanted to end this sentence with a preposition, but I couldn't think of anything to write about. (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me, please, how you would describe me. Go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taraleigh...cowboy boots? You know, woody woodpecker laugh and the solid rack?

      Delete
    2. Best. Description. Ever.

      Sidenote, back to you....I love this blog. Not pointless...funny.

      Delete
  5. I've never even had the thought cross my mind about how someone would refer to me...congrats mar...complex initiated.

    ReplyDelete