Thursday, April 5, 2012

Samantha Brick Vs. Mary

Read the original article here



Meet Sam. She's real sad because she's so pretty.



I am going to do everyone a favor. Since she has pissed so many people off simply by being completely average and delusional I am going to help decipher a few excerpts of this article.






In Samantha's words:

On a recent flight to New York, I was delighted when a stewardess came over and gave me a bottle of champagne.



‘This is from the captain — he wants to welcome you on board and hopes you have a great flight today,’ she explained.


You’re probably thinking ‘what a lovely surprise’. But while it was lovely, it wasn’t a surprise. At least, not for me.


In Mary's words:

On a flight 18 years ago to somewhere in Britain where everyone is below average, I was happy when a stewardess came over and gave me bottle of Ozarka.

'This is from the Captain - he wants to welcome you and all the other 127 passengers on this flight on board! Do you have a child with you that would like a paper pilot's hat?'

You're probably thinking "who gives a damn...I get free water on a daily basis from my bank lobby". While I do give a damn, I also expected it because I am delusional about my awkwardly shaped inward teeth and my totally average 41 year-old body.



In Samantha's words:

I’m not smug and I’m no flirt, yet over the years I’ve been dropped by countless friends who felt threatened if I was merely in the presence of their other halves. If their partners dared to actually talk to me, a sudden chill would descend on the room.

In Mary's words:

I have no friends because everyone hates me because I'm awful.

I have no idea why, after meeting a new friend's husband, she was so annoyed by my honesty. "Your husband totally wants me and I'm sorry", I told her. I even had tears in my eyes of sympathy towards her averageness and her husband's boner for me. When she looked at me perplexed and laughed, I kept my eyes solid and serious. "Wait, are you bloody serious?", She said. I know she was questioning me because she thinks I'm fucking gorgeous.




In Samantha's words:

Take last week, out walking the dogs a neighbour passed by in her car. I waved — she blatantly blanked me. Yet this is someone whose sons have stayed at my house, and who has been welcomed into my home on countless occasions.

In Mary's words:

Last week, I was out walking the dogs when a neighBOR passed by in her car. I waved and she blanked me. I think blanked me means ignore me. Yet, this is someone whose sons I have tried to show my naked modelling pictures to when they stayed at my house.





In Samantha's words:

Take last summer and a birthday party I attended with my husband. At one point the host, who was celebrating his 50th, decided he wanted a photo with all the women guests. Positioning us, the photographer suggested I stand immediately to his right for the shot.



Another woman I barely knew pushed me out of the way, shouting it wasn’t fair on all the other women if I was dominating the snap. I was devastated and burst into tears. On my own in the loos one woman privately consoled me — well out of ear-shot of her girlfriends.

In Mary's words:

Last summer at a birthday party I hadn't been wanted at, the host wanted a picture with all the ladies so he'd look big pimpin at his 50th birthday. I stood in the front, next to the host with my hand on my non existent and and non-flat waist. Since I'm 7 feet tall the other women were upset that I was "blocking" a few "other women". When I started bawling that I couldn't be in the front, some concerned girl locked me in the bathroom to keep me from having a breakdown. My husband left me at the party with one of the younger girls that were okay being in the back of the picture. The only reason he did that is because I'm so damn good looking.






In Samantha's closing:

So now I’m 41 and probably one of very few women entering her fifth decade welcoming the decline of my looks. I can’t wait for the wrinkles and the grey hair that will help me blend into the background


In Mary's closing words:

It is completely impossible for me to have written an entire article about how beautiful I am certain I am and still be okay with being old and decrepit. My husband is getting really tired of me complaining about being so pretty. I died my hair blonder for my interviews on TV after my article. Did I mention that my teeth are really awkward and weird? I already have wrinkles and I would have no trouble blending into the background now because I'M TOTALLY AVERAGE.

It should also be noted that I have not gotten ahead in the world of friends and work because I am an unapproachable cockroach of an arrogant woman. Who needs to pass my magic mirror on to Mary and let her have the unrealistic self-esteem ride of the century.




12 comments:

  1. MARY!!! I thought YOU of all women could relate to Samantha and her fight against Gorgeousness, Awesomer, and Greater than Everyone (G.A.G. Everyone). Where is your sympathy for this poor woman?!?

    Mary, I know you can relate because you must have people on a daily basis smile at you and say hello and be polite, and it is all because YOU ARE TOO PRETTY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!! It has nothing to do with human kindness and decency or some slimely guy trying to get in your pants. It has to do with that you are too pretty!

    It is a curse, a curse, I tell you! Mary! Snap out of it and have some sympathy for the stunning Claudia Schiffer look-alike we call Samantha!

    I cannot continue typing right now as I am too upset. I am SOOOOOOOOOO envious of Samantha's beauty and inner kindness, I might have to go eat a few pints of ice cream (Ben and Jerry's heath bar crunch if you must know) just to console myself...........

    (*sobs*)

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept thinking maybe she was the funniest woman ever (aside from you), but I guess she wasn't kidding? Really? Truly? I'd better go tweeze or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh! the comments on that article are HILAAAR - especially the one from the dude who said she's just average enough to approach because guys know she's a sure thing! bahahahah thanks for mentioning the total obvi's that cracked my shit up because i noticed them asap also: inward facing teeth, 5 mos. pregnant belly and blonder hair for article pics! FHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find her not attractive at all, and I am an artist, so I know what I am talking about.

    Going by classic standards of beauty, her mouth is too high up to be attractive, the lower the mouth, the sexier/hotter the woman- her eyebrows are too close to her eyes, so she looks mannish. She's got way too much forehead and her face is pretty far from symmetrical (not to mention the face features you already covered. I have no problem at all with her body).

    Beyond that, she is kinda irredeemable for being such a stupid head.

    Of course, it is possible that people think her attractive, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but they're dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, you go girl and keep this hinky b...from irritating me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never even heard of this woman - had to go and read the actual article - and your responses were right on. Always entertaining and funny. Where does all this talent come from???? I know - don't laugh at your mom when she is talking about how talented she is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to say "Well, considering she's from an inbred island nation where anyone without randomly-arrayed teeth, giant ears, a hunchback and a tail is looked upon with suspicion," but I've been to England and there are many attractive women there. Oh and WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER EYEBROWS WHERE'D THEY GO????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. There they are. I see them now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her cranial-rectal intersection is impressive. That's a clinical term, incidentally. I had a client like that once. Serious personality disorder. But she, unlike Sad Sammy, refused to believe people didn't like her, in addition to being sure they were tripping over themselves to attempt to see her naked. I told her once that I didn't like her, and she said "You're so funny!" She was crazy, but she was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wish you could Mary-ify most people's dribble for me. Life would be so much funnier.

    ReplyDelete