Monday, November 7, 2011

I blog for myself because I love myself.

I am the most self-absorbed human in North America.

I tried to write a novel and then I was like,

"Hey novel, I murder you now with my awesome verbage and typing, suck on that!"

And then the novel said,

"Wutcchu talking about playa-hata? You're 64,325 words behind and you just ate 8,500 calories worth of laffy taffys and whoppers. And what..?"

So I bowed down and accepted defeat. My cousin sent me an except of her novel and it was phenomenal. I actually wanted it to keep going. When I was writing my novel, It was so hard to not use made up words and lots of parenthesis to explain my blabbering. But that wasn't the biggest problem.

I don't know how to write about anything but myself. I tried to take a different stance and ended up changing it to half Adrian's point of view and half my point of view. Then I tried to write Adrian's chapter and ended up eating a giant bowl of Honey Kix and putting my new deodorant on excessively and excitedly because that shit smelled like pomegranate and bubble baths.




Speaking of myself, let me tell you more about my...self.






I have been in three earthquakes in the last four days.

(Kendal said it best)





I redid a mortgage for a member three times today because she wanted a "prettier" number.








I'm under a tornado warning right now.


I love how they put exclamations to make my impending death funner.




 My husband left me to go play golf in California.







I just got some new Spanx that make me feel like Ashley Olsen.









Wow. I feel so much better now that I've talked about myself.






Feel free to make me an offer of famousness. Either by writing, singing, or mortgaging.

Love you all.

11 comments:

  1. Could you do that magic number trick with my student loan? Except more zeros, please. ALL THE ZEROS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nononono, we neeed your novel YOUR way, please! Break some rules and break em fake em out really good, or well, or Idunno. I had a blast writing my science fiction novel series about being a space alien, slightly mentally challenged, accidentally stuck on earth, I used made up words, I invented all kinds of crazy things, broke and trashed just a "few" laws of physics along the way, and did I care, why nope-ah, not a bit. Is it the supreme piece of fiction in the entire universe, why no, but I've had a blast doing it and I have a few more episodes completely mapped out. Just trying to encourage you. I would rather write blog material than novels as well. Yes, I have been watching your earthquakes. But I studied about your fault zone east of OKC and it probably won't create earthquakes much larger than the ones it is doing right now. Did you feel the one this evening about 9pm? It was 4.7 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we've felt most of them. Especially the 5.6 2 nights ago. It knocked all our picture frames off our shelves. It was intense. Tonight's was less strong, but felt longer. Adrian was on the bed with me and I was screaming at him "CAN'T YOU FEEL THAT? EAAAARRRRTTTHHHQUAAAAAKKKEE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" and he was like "OH yeah, I felt it. Thanks for not destroying the earth, earthquake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary, write your novel. Write from the first person. Write YOU.

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, happy you're back, and I want a happy mortgage, too. xoxo It's-All-About-Me Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like to see people not complete things...but I am glad your back. Like really.



    pleasedontreadthismom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Marianne. Write an autobiography, but not one of those boring ones. Make some stuff up and use the F word a lot! (but don't stop blogging, either)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back, I was getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for not following through with your commitment to novelizing and non-blog-writing. It inspires me to write more often and be more hilarious because sometimes I feel really dumb and like nobody cares what I would have to say anyway. Then I realize that I follow a complete stranger's blog and maybe other people do the same for me... maybe.

    But please write a novel one day. I'd definitely spend ridiculous amounts of money on that, especially if you include lots of true ridiculous things your kids say. And lots of offensiveness. Controversy makes money and publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it takes considerable talent to be behind by 64,325 words when the minimum limit is 50,000 - you wonderfully a-maze-zing.

    ReplyDelete